Life never slows down for busy parents. It doesn’t matter if you have one child or 10 – there never seems to be enough hours in the day! If this sounds like your hectic schedule, then you need products which provides convenience and efficiency, and your contact lens solution is no exception.
Dry, uncomfortable contact lenses just don’t work for anyone who has a hectic schedule, especially parents who want to focus extra time and energy on their families. As a parent, you will find specialty contact lens solution to be the friend you need for your lifestyle. This kind of solution delivers brilliantly clean and clear contact lenses, conditions your lenses to maintain surface moisture, provides clearer vision, and provides 16+ hours end of day comfort. The solution can deliver effective cleaning and robust disinfection, remove protein and other deposits that commonly accumulate during lens wear. The result is contact lenses that are cleaner and more comfortable to wear all day! So you can focus on your loved ones and not on your eyes!
Here are some tips for better eye health and comfortable lens wear during your hectic days.
- Follow the same lens care routine every day, and encourage other family members who wear contacts to do the same. This will help keep you more compliant with your lens care regimen.
- Always wash your hands before handling your lenses. Rub, rinse, and disinfect your lenses each time you remove them and always handle the same lens, the right or the left, first in order to avoid mix-ups.
- Do not expose your lenses or lens case to tap water, bottled water, distilled water, lake water, or ocean water. For emergency situations, keep a travel-size bottle of specialty contact lens solution on hand or at the office. Do not use saliva or put lenses in your mouth to rewet, make sure to have lubricating drops on hand.
- Always remove your contact lenses before swimming, showering or entering a hot tub, as the water can contain contaminants.
- Rinse your lens case after each use and allow to air dry. You should replace your contact lens case every one to three months to ensure that your contacts lenses stay clean.
- On those long hectic days, a lubricating eye drop will help keep your lenses hydrated.
- Use water-based cosmetics while wearing your lenses. Always insert your lenses before applying make-up, and take them out before removing it.
- While outside enjoying your children’s recreational activities, always protect your eyes from the sun by wearing sunglasses that provide protection from both UVA and UVB rays.
Not a parent? Don't worry, we have info for young adults, too.